OpenZFS Developer Summit
The OpenZFS Developer Summit was held November 18-19, 2013. The goals of the event were:
- to foster cross-platform community discussions of OpenZFS work
- to make progress on some of the projects proposed for this community.
Video recordings of the presentations are in the OpenZFS channel on YouTube.
Participant Survey: Please complete by December 6 end of day.
Topics that were discussed
|Platform Panel||Brian Behlendorf, Jorgen Lundman, Chris Siden, Xin Li||-||video|
|Platform-independent code repository||Matt Ahrens||slides||video|
|Storage Tiering||Boris Protopopov||slides||video|
|Vendor Lightning Talks||Many||-||video|
|Community Planning||Karyn Ritter||slides||video|
|Channel Programs||Chris Siden, Max Grossman||slides||video|
|Test Coverage||John Kennedy||slides||video|
|Performance Investigation||Adam Leventhal||slides||video|
|Performance on full & fragmented pools||George Wilson||-||video|
|Virtual Memory Interactions||Brian Behlendorf||-||video|
|Multi Tenancy||Rob Mustacchi||-||video|
|Examining On-disk Format||Max Bruning||-||video|
These projects were worked on at the hackathon:
- Testrunner suite running on other platforms: linux, freebsd (+ illumos libzpool)
- channel programs: pass instruction stream into kernel
- ZFS send progress reporting with "set proc title"
- dedicated kmem_cache for dedup table entries
- larger (1MB) blocksize
- compressed ARC
- upstreaming dbuf_user & dbuf state machine (spectra DMU changes)
- limit DDT size
- onexit for osx